Friday 1 July 2011

Rowlands Gill-Tynemouth

20.7miles  (Total 152.3miles)

Started off from Rowlands Gill and got back on the Derwent walk following the River Derwent were it runs into the Tyne. I crossed the Tyne and followed the Hadrians way cycle route along the North bank of the river Tyne. It was good to see alot of regeneration especially after reading about wastelands, flytipping and masses of broken glass. As I neared the centre I passed bars and coffee houses along the river bank under several bridges including the Millenium bridge.

I also Passed a taped of area were the police diving team were setting up for an unknown reason (unknown because I'm not nosey)



Although today was the shortest and flattest ride of the week, the wind had changed direction and was against me most of the way. Never the less I made it in good time and met Bernie were I was awarded with a finishing T shirt.



.
After a chocky bar and a drink Bernie and I  went round Tynemouth Castle and Priory: 
Ready for the next challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave a comment