Tuesday 28 June 2011

Day 2   Keswick-Langwathby
32.2 miles (Total to date 69.9 miles)
Well, the day started with typical Lake District weather. Stunning brilliant sunshine and clear blue skies fantastic, all the ingredients for sun burn.  After a cracking full English, I set off direct from the hotel which lies towards the bottom end of Derwentwater hence a couple of extra miles on the trip.
I rode round the centre of Keswick and picked up the route and onto the railpath by the swimming pool with no problem. This part of the route made me want to walk so I could enjoy the secnary.

Looking back near Threlkeld.

Once off the track it was up and down the lanes towards Greystoke were I stopped at the very friendly cafe for tea and cake. Not long after I passed a stunning house on the left which looked like an old ruined fortified farm that had been renovated (should have took a photo).

Cup of tea at Greystoke cafe

I found it quite amusing going straight through the centre of the college and following the route in Penrith went without fault. It was nice to finish the ride with a decent downhill ride after climbing beacon fell and I had no problems on the rest of the route and met Bernie in Langwathby.
We drove back to the hotel about 30 min drive and had a quick change before hiring a tandem Kayak and continued to enjoy the fabulous weather on Derwentwater.
Were going to finish the evening off with a pint (for me) and "and a glasss of wine for the lady" While we eagerly awate the arrival of the resident Badger for his super around 11.30pm.
Bernie & Me in the hotel grounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave a comment